Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic team player with a minimum of two years of commercial brewing experience. Someone with a strong desire to learn and willingness to work hard could warrant consideration with less experience.
This position will execute day to day brewery operations and have the desire to grow into a Head Brewer position. The Brewer will report directly to the Head of Operations and will be actively involved in all facets of the day-to-day operation (from grain to glass).
This is an hourly position with vacation
- Assist in all activities related to the production of quality craft beer, including but not limited to; cleaning, milling, brewing, pitching yeast, cellaring, kegging and packaging.
- Lead projects and experiments to improve the safety, quality and efficiency of the brewing operations.
- Monitor and manage the inventory and quality of raw ingredients to achieve the planned brewing schedule
- Maintain the equipment and production facilities through planned maintenance and development of operating procedures/ standards
- Conduct quality assurance checks including; monitoring of in-process parameters and flavor/ carbonation levels and other quality checks of the beer serving system and during kegging/ canning operations
- Handle all chemicals in a safe manner and with the proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Understand and practice all internal Athentic standards
- Maintain a clean, safe, organized and efficient production facility
- Schedule and coordinate with others that are assisting in the brewery operations
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including off-shift, overtime, week-ends and holidays (as needed)
- Passion for all things Craft Beer with a focus on the local community
- Dependable and strong work ethic
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, with minimal supervision
- Ability to frequently reach, twist, stoop, bend, crouch, stand and walk for duration of shift
- Ability to routinely lift 30 lbs. and occasionally lift 55 lbs.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Comfortable working with chemicals and willingness to always adhere to safety, environmental and brewhouse standards.
- Good troubleshooting skills, and strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in Brewing, Chemistry, Microbiology, Fermentation Science, Biology or similar science-based degree program is a bonus but not required